Who we are.
Small Change is a real estate investment crowdfunding platform. We match investors with developers raising funds for transformative real estate projects, to build better cities everywhere and to provide everyone with the opportunity to invest. We mean to make an impact.
We do this by using some securities regulations which are known as Regulation Crowdfunding (Reg CF) and Regulation D (Reg D), also known as 506(c). These regulations prescribe how we can help raise funds for developers and the rules we must follow. We can also use Regulation A (Reg A) which lets developers raise a whole lot more.
Reg CF provides a means for everyone over the age of 18 to invest, as long as the rules are followed. Since Small Change is registered with the SEC as a Funding Portal and is also a member of FINRA, we do that for you. You must list a Reg CF offering on a Funding Portal, and we are the only Impact Real Estate Funding Portal in the country dedicated to Reg CF.
Our goal is to list your offering quickly and seamlessly.
- We’ll help to prepare a compliant disclosure packet
- We’ll provide legal templates for your disclosure documents, LLC agreement, investor agreements and more, all crafted to fit the regulations seamlessly
- We’ll acquire SEC access codes to list your offering
- We’ll register all paperwork as required with the SEC
- We’ll set up a bank account ready to accept investor funds
- We’ll create your online campaign page
- We’ll guide you through creating appropriate marketing materials
- We’ll ensure that financial reviews and bad actor reports are completed as required
All investors invest through our fully electronic process, with investment agreements created digitally. They complete required disclosures on risk and more on our platform, all of which information is stored in our database. At the end of the offering we’ll provide you with a list of investors, all of their contact information and investment agreements, and wire you the funds.
In other words, we’ll guide you through the nuts and bolts of listing an offering, seamlessly.
What you can do.
You can raise up to $5 M from anyone 18 years and older through Reg CF annually and even more by adding in a Reg D offering. Accredited investors self-verify and invest as much as they like. And unaccredited investors are permitted to invest a percentage of either their income or net worth, capped at $124,000 annually.
You can offer minimum investment amounts as low as you like which is important if you want to include community capital.
- Talk to us early about your legal structure. It can make or break an offering.
- Set aside 6 weeks to fully prepare your offering. You could complete it more quickly, but life, and project hiccups, often get in the way. The speed with which you launch your campaign depends on how focused your team is.
- Plan for a great marketing campaign. It will impact the speed and amount of funds you raise.
Our fees vary depending on your fundraising goal, the complexity of your legal structure, the type of offering you’d like to list (Reg CF, Reg D or Reg A) and how much of the offering mechanics you’d like us to handle for you.
Our goal is to streamline everything needed to list your offering and register it with the SEC.
If you’re ready to raise funds.
Start on our Raise Funds page.
At Small Change we’re at the intersection of crowdfunding and urban issues. Follow us on social media @oursmallchange to learn more.
And we live and breathe impact. So much so that we’ve developed a proprietary index to track change. It’s called the Small Change Index.
Or just say [email protected].