January 2018: Last month brought a new honor.
Small Change CEO and founder Eve Picker was named the Top Innovator in the “Capital” category at the HIVE: Housing, Innovation, Vision and Economics conference. For two days in early December, the second annual HIVE conference in Los Angeles brought together passionate people from diverse industries to stimulate new ideas for the future of housing.
Announced by Hanley Wood, the HIVE50 innovators are recognized for inspiring creativity, improvements and solutions in the categories of Building Technology, Capital, Design, Intel, and Strategy. Eve topped an impressive list of innovators in the Capital category:
- Ben Miller – CEO and founder of Fundrise
- Brian Bair and Jerry Coleman – co-founders and co-CEOs, OfferPad
- Keith Rabois, Eric Wu, Ian Wong, and JD Ross – co-founders, Opendoor
- Jonathan F.P. Rose – Principal and president, Jonathan Rose Cos.
- Alex Lintner – President of consumer information services, Experian
- Nicolay Boyadjiev – Designer, Strelka Institute for Media Architecture and Design
- Kenneth Holt – Secretary, Maryland SmartBuy, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development
- Shamayim Harris – Founder and CEO, Avalon Village
- Puyin Blockchain Group – Sendera Ranch, Texas
The December issue of BUILDER Magazine features the HIVE50.
An honor indeed!