Get some (community, development, impact, crowdfunding, visionary) advice.
We’re a mission-driven real estate strategy practice specializing in transformative urban development. We believe that building better cities starts with changing the ways that buildings are designed, financed and built.
Democratizing finance, empowering non-traditional developers, and co-creating places with surrounding communities drive the Small Change approach to development.
Our portfolio of developed and advised projects ranges from high-impact single family residential units to multi-billion dollar mixed use districts, all with the aim of transforming the built environment while providing opportunity, equity, and value.
We mean to make an impact.
For developers, family offices, and real estate investors:
- We create new capital approaches that are more inclusive, sustainable and equitable
- We share new methods for packaging and sharing impactful real estate projects.
- We assist in mapping out and achieving community engagement strategies that include opportunities for equity and wealth building
- We build new tools for impact capital deployment at scale.
To achieve this, we bring a suite of tools and expertise that include:
- The Small Change Index to certify societal impact
- Real community engagement potential through Regulation Crowdfunding (Reg CF)
- Pro-forma development expertise with a focus on alternative and community-driven financing
- Product vision to achieve community impact while delivering value
We’re a talented group of creative individuals with plenty of knowledge to boot — in real estate, community development, technology development, business strategy, FinTech and more.
Preferring to be pragmatic over philosophical, our co-founders have been hands-on practitioners in all aspects of the development process–from concept to finance to execution– throughout their careers.
Lover of cities. Architect. Urban Designer. Real estate developer. FinTech pioneer. Urban change agent. Recognized globally for her expertise. Founder of Small Change, opening the door for socially responsible real estate funded by every day people.
Mission driven. Turns big ideas into pragmatic action. Highly entrepreneurial. Works with the C-suites of many of the country’s most significant organizations including Ford Motor Company, Quicken Loans, United Way and Knight Foundation.